Caswell Grip-Strip™ Non-Skid Coating is a unique two part epoxy coating that is easy to apply, fast curing, chemical resistant, highly durable and cost effective way to apply a non slip coating to:
It is ideal for many applications, including:
Grip-Strip™ Non-Skid coating will withstand solvents, gasoline, ethanol, oil, muriatic acid, sulfuric acid and chlorine.
It is available in a fine grade for indoor applications or a coarse grade for outdoor applications. Using a long lasting aluminum oxide abrasive ensures that the non-skid coating does not wear down, unlike sand or rubber. The aluminum oxide grit actually breaks when abraded, creating another sharp non-skid edge.
The Grip-Strip™ Non-Skid System contains enough materials to create approx 180 feet of 1 inch wide strips, or 90 feet of 2 inch wide strips, or 60 feet of 3 inch wide steps (approx 15 sq ft)
Read The Application Instructions (280kb PDF)
To create a durable, eye catching non-skid surface:
- Prep the surface with the included flap wheel. If the surface is oily, remove the oil first with lacquer thinner or acetone.
- Sweep or vacuum up any dust.
- Apply the masking tape to create your design.
- Mix up the resin with the included mixing cup, using a 2:1 ratio
- Scatter the abrasive into the resin and sweep it into the other strips using the included brush.
- Tamp the abrasive into the resin with a block of wood.
- Remove the tape
The system will accept light foot traffic after 4 hrs (at 75 deg F) and full chemical resistant properties in 5 days.
The Grip-Strip™ Non-Skid Coating Kit Contains:
- 180' x 1" Industrial Masking Tape
- 1" Application Brush
- 1.5 pint Grip-Strip™ Phenol Novolac Epoxy in your choice of Safety Orange, Safety Yellow, Clear, Hunter Green, Black, White
- 1 x 80 grit 3" Flap Wheel
- 2 x Graduated Measuring Cup
- 3lbs Non Skid Granules in fine or coarse