VHT FlameProof Coating will renew and extend the life of any surface exposed to extremely high temperatures. This unique coating is a matte finish, ceramic base silicone widely used by the automotive industry on exhaust systems and the aerospace industry for jet engines, re-entry vehicles, the Stealth fighter, B-2 bomber and other high temperature applications. Will withstand 1500F.
1. Prepare metal surfaces by removing all dirt, rust, scale, and paint. This can be accomplished by sandblasting or with fine sand paper. To remove paint we recommend the VHT Strip Fast Aggressive Paint Remover (SP-575).Clean all skin oils and residue with a high grade solvent.
2. Mark areas not to be sprayed. Also protect surrounding area from overspray.
3. For best results, apply when parts, can, and ambient temperature is between 70F (21C) and 90F (35C).
4. For maximum adhesion and color consistency, we recommend VHT FlameProof Primer (SP-118) within 24 hours of exposing bare metal.
5. Shake can vigorously for one minute after mixing ball rattles. Shake periodically between coats.
6. Spray object with can upright about 15 inches from the object. More thin coats are better than fewer thick coats. After a sufficient quantity of paint to color only. Excessively thick paint is not recommended as it will cause blistering. If paint runs or sags, it is easily removed with a strong solvent before curing. VHT FlameProof Coating will air dry in 15-30 minutes.
7. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT- After paint is completely dry, it must be cured to substantially increase the durability of the finish and enhance chemical resistance. See curing for details.
8. Clear out sprayer after each use by turning can upside down and pressing spray button until no paint comes out.
Off the Vehicle:
Bake at 250F for 30 minutes, then let cool for 30 minutes. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, then let cool for 30 minutes. Bake at 600F for 30 minutes, then let cool for 30 minutes. Caution: Do not exceed the heat tolerance of least heat tolerant part. Finish is not chemical resistant until cured.
On the Vehicle:
Run at idle for 10 minutes, then cool for 20 minutes. Run at idle for 20 minutes, then cool for 20 minutes. Run under normal operating conditions for 30 minutes.
Finish is not chemical resistant until cured.