Organic Parts Plating Kit
Have you ever wanted to electroplate flowers, leaves, butterflies, leather items or other organic parts? Now you can with the Caswell Organic Parts Plating Kit.
The kit contains everything you need to make beautiful craft items, including the power supply. All you need to provide is one pint of automotive battery acid (available from most automotive parts stores), an airbrush, some distilled water and a few other odds and ends.
The included 5 amp power supply will copper plate items up to 50 square inches in area.
The steps to plate any organic parts are as follows.
- Dip the part in the sealer solution for 30 minutes. Allow to dry. Dip again briefly and allow to dry.
- Attach a bare copper wire to the part, long enough to hang into the copper plating solution from the tank bar.
- Spray the shoe with Copper Conductive Paint, using an airbrush, and allow to dry.
- Dip the part in the tinning solution for 30 seconds.
- Hang the part into the bright acid copper plating solution, attach the power supply, and plate for approx 1 hour. Remove and lightly sand down any rough spots. Continue plating for 3-5 hours, removing periodically and sanding down the rough spots. Remove and rinse the part.
- You can now leave the items with a stunning bright copper plate, or go on to plate with nickel, gold, silver or any of our other plating kits or antiquing solutions.
The Kit Includes:
- 1 x 2 Gal Plastic Tank and Lid
- 1.5 Gallon Copper Crystals and Brighteners
- 2 x Copper Anodes
- 1 x Heater
- 1 x Agitation Pump
- 4 oz Copper Conductive Paint
- 1 x Quart Tinning Solution
- 1 Quart Caswell Sealer Concentrate
- 1 x 5 amp DC Rectifier
- 1 x Caswell Plating Manual
The copper plating tank operates at 70-80 deg F. Heaters are only required if plating in a cold environment.
The kit includes enough copper anodes to plate approx 40 sq ft of parts (1000's of small parts). Additional copper anodes can be purchased from us.
Contains Hazardous Goods. Shipping restrictions apply. Ground shipping only to the Continental USA. Please call +1 315 946 1213 or contact us for rates to other locations.