Flash Copper™ Plating Kit
DOES THE IMPOSSIBLE - Plates Directly onto POT METAL, STEEL, ZINC, BRASS, ZINCATED ALUMINUM, ELECTROLESS NICKEL, STAINLESS STEEL AND COPPER
- Eliminates the use of cyanide strike coats.
- Eliminates the use of Pot Metal Primer on Zinc
- Eliminates the use of Stainless Steel Activator
- Eliminates the use of Nickel Strike on Steel prior to copper plating
- Plates onto Lead and Pewter with the addition of Pickle #4.
- Increases the bond of acid copper, Nickel and Copy Chrome™ to all substrates
Flash Copper™ is a unique alkaline electrolytic copper plating process with covering and throwing powers greater than cyanide copper.
Flash Copper™ is an outstanding pre-plate copper strike for bright nickel, acid copper, tin and solder plates. It is an excellent heat treat stop off plate and EMI shield.
It is also an excellent decorative finish for buttons, rivets, lighting fixtures and builders’ hardware. The copper plate can be readily blackened or oxidized for a variety of attractive antiqued finishes.
There are no carbonates to be treated. It contains no strong chelators. It is supplied as a liquid concentrate, which is diluted with water.
Flash Copper™ produces a fine grained, smooth, dense and ductile copper deposit, which is nonporous and has excellent bonding properties. The throwing and covering power of the non-cyanide process is superior to cyanide processes. This is especially evident in barrel plating. It has uniform low current density distribution with excellent micro-throw.
The grain is smaller than cyanide copper, which increases the density of the deposit. This density provides excellent heat treat stop off and masking properties. The fine-grained Flash Copper™ deposit under nickel/chrome improves the overall corrosion resistance and helps to throw the nickel farther into the low current density areas.
Flash Copper™ produces a softer and more ductile deposit than cyanide or acid copper. The soft deposit imparts improved adhesion and corrosion resistance and greatly improved resistance to thermal shock. It has a high deposit purity and hence no out-gassing with subsequent brazing, soldering or vacuum operations.
Flash Copper™ is simple and inexpensive to use because it replenishes the copper in solution by dissolving the copper anode and here again it is a unique product with only one maintenance additive.
Flash Copper™ Benefits
- One solution serves as both a strike and a plate bath.
- Greater throwing power than acid copper
- Eliminates the inherent dangers of cyanide in the work place and improves employee health and safety.
- Flash Copper™ has excellent bath stability and high efficiency. The bath does not have to be dumped as with other baths due to breakdown products or iron buildup.
- The bath is easily maintained by monitoring the pH and copper metal concentration.
- It has a very wide operating window.
- Flash Copper™ is supplied as a liquid concentrate, which is diluted with an equal amount of distilled water.
15 Gallon Kit Contains:
- 1 x 20 Gallon Plating Tank & Lid (12"W x 24"L x 18"H)
- Flash Copper™ Part A - 20 Quarts
- Flash Copper™ Part B - 5 Quarts
- Flash Copper™ Part C - 5 Quarts
- 2 x 18" x 20" Copper Anodes and bandages
- 1 x 2000W Incoloy Heater
- The Complete Plating Manual
- Free Technical Support