Everything You Need* To Plate Onto Lead Fishing Lures
- Easy 3 step process to a bright nickel or chrome-like finish.
- No cyanides or harsh acids
- Plates 1000's of lead fishing lures without replenishment
- Perfect for hobbyists or small businesses.
- Gives a copper, nickel or chrome finish. Other plates can be applied over the base.
A bright, shiny nickel or chrome finish can be achieved over a lead fishing lure with the following steps.
- Polish the lure to a bright finish using buffing wheels and compound, or a vibratory tumbler (good for large batches of lures)
- Degrease the lure in the included degreasing tank and rinse.
- Etch the lure in the included Pickle #4 tank and rinse.
- Plate with copper for 30-60 mins. Rinse.
- Plate with nickel or Copy Chrome™ for 60 minutes.
After nickel or Copy Chrome™ plating, the lures can be used as is, or they could be gold plated with the included Plug N Plate® Gold Kit, black chrome plated, brass plated etc.
For extra durability, and to prevent corrosion of the plated finish, the lures can be sprayed with the included Clear Lacquer.
The copper, nickel and Copy Chrome™ plating systems all require a DC power source to operate, and plate at the rate of 0.07 amps per square inch of part surface area. The average fishing lure is approx 2 sq in, meaning that our 3 amp plating rectifier will plate about 20 lures at a time.
Eack kit contains 2 anodes of copper and nickel/Copy Chrome™. These anodes will plate approx 40-60 sq ft of material before they need to be replenished. The plating solutions are virtually permanent. This means that your initial kit purchase will plate approx 3000 fishing lures before you need to purchase anything else.
We are offering two sizes of kits, a 1.5 Gallon Kit and a 3 Gallon Kit. The 1.5 gallon kit will be able to fit approx 20 lures on the tank bar at a time, and has a 9" dia x 9" deep tank. The 3 gallon kit will fit about 30 lures, and has a 12" diameter x 12" deep tank. With some imagineering, a plating rank could be devised to fit considerably more lures.We are offering two versions of the kit, to avoid duplication, a Nickel Kit, and a Copy Chrome™ Kit. Both kits contain the degreaser, Pickle #4 and Copper Plating systems. Custom kits are also available on request.
1.5 Gallon Kit Contains:
- 4 x 2 Gallon Plating Tanks & Lids
- Flash Copper™ Part A - 2 Quarts
- Flash Copper™ Part B - 1 Pint
- Flash Copper™ Part C - 1 Pint
- 2 x 4" x 8" Copper Anodes and bandages
- 1 x Nickel or Copy Chrome Crystals & Brightener (select when ordering)
- 2 x Nickel or Copy Chrome Anodes & Bandages
- 1 x SP Degreaser
- 1 x Pickle #4
- 1 x Plug N Plate® Gold Kit
- 1 x Clear Lacquer
- The Complete Plating Manual
- Free Technical Support
- NO HEATERS INCLUDED